FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in

[EVENT] BattleUK III - Nottingham, 11th October 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyb-Ride international Forum Index -> Compétitions et Evènements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acidedge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: [EVENT] BattleUK III - Nottingham, 11th October 2008 Reply with quote

On behalf of the NottinghamSkaters and myself, I am delighted to announce that BattleUK will return again, this Autumn!

BattleUK III will take place nine months today, on Saturday 11th October 2008. The venue for the event will, once again, be the Victoria Leisure Centre in Nottingham, England.

Now that BattleUK had been upgraded from a "one cone" to a "two cone" event in the World Slalom Series rankings, it is now one of the top five WSS events in the western hemisphere, so we hope to see even more skaters compete at BattleUK III this year!

Please put the date on your calendar. Any questions about the event, please email me at nottinghamskaters@hotmail.co.uk.
Seba
universkate.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Great news ! Thanks ! Smile

http://www.universkate.com
http://sebastienlaffargue.free.fr
http://worldslalomseries.com
BelgianInlineCenter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great newz!
we posted it in our forum;

Mobile: +32 496/89.14.71
Fax: +32 9/324.42.24
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Acidedge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seba wrote:
Wow Great news ! Thanks ! Smile

You're welcome Seba.

But please change your avatar; it's freaking me out just a little bit. Razz
totogt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good !
I hope to go this year Exclamation

http://www.freestyle-slalom.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Acidedge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow Skaters,

I am afraid I have bad news! It is looking very likely that the Victoria Leisure Centre, the venue for the last two BattleUK events, is to be shut down. High repair costs and lack of use of the centre are to blame. There is a news article here.

This obviously puts BattleUK III in jeopardy. An alternative venue must be found.

BattleUK III is NOT cancelled as of yet, but be aware that the venue, and possibly the date, are subject to change. I will keep you up to date with any developments.

Jim M
BattleUK organiser.
lex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hie,

I assume you have already thought about it, but what about the Nottingham University campus ?
From what I can recall (I studied there for 1 year) they have good indoor sports facilities and the large number of students coming from a wide range of countries should make a great audience.
I guess there are loads of conditions to take into account, but it could be a nice place if it were possible.
Acidedge

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lex wrote:
Hie,

I assume you have already thought about it, but what about the Nottingham University campus ?
From what I can recall (I studied there for 1 year) they have good indoor sports facilities and the large number of students coming from a wide range of countries should make a great audience.
I guess there are loads of conditions to take into account, but it could be a nice place if it were possible.

Hi!

I also studied at Nottingham University, for four years. Smile

They do have a large sports hall on the main campus, as well as a new sports complex at Jubilee campus. Both will be invesigated. I have two major concerns with the University facilities: 1) they are very protective of the surfaces in these halls and may not allow skaters to hire them, 2) with the number of students at Nottingham, booking for an entire Saturday during term time will either be impossible or very expensive. There is the option to use the hall outside of term time, but this means there aren't any students in town to support the event. But you're right, it would be a good venue!
Acidedge

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following extensive campaigning from local residents, Nottingham City Council has today decided to keep the Victoria Leisure Centre open until Christmas, when the future of the centre will be re-examined. Despite having found an alternative venue, I have chosen to stick with the Victoria Leisure Centre for this year's event.

In short, BattleUK III will take place on 11th October 2008 and will be held at the Victoria Leisure Centre.

Woo-hoo!
Acidedge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the artwork for BattleUK III: The Beast with inlines...

Big thanks to James M for another great job with the design this year! Much appreciated.

More information and the schedule for BattleUK III will be posted soon. Registration and T-shirt ordering for the event will open in the next 2 weeks.
Acidedge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registration

To register for BattleUK III, send an email to nottinghamskaters [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk with the following details:

- Your name.
- The club or team you are part of (if any).
- The country you will represent.
- The competitions you will take part in.

The competitions at BattleUK III will be the following:

- “Battle rules” freestyle slalom = £10 or 13€. There will be separate mens and womens battles, as well as a unisex UK battle for British skaters only.
- Speed slalom = £5 or 6.50€. The fastest over two timed runs will win. No tournament format, due to time limitations.
- Freejump = £5 or 6.50€. Jump over a bar, no ramp; highest wins.
- Freestyle dance = FREE. An informal contest letting you strut your funky stuff.
- Slide contest = FREE. (Held on Sunday). Judged on style, technique and number of combinations.

You are asked to pay your registration fee in advance. You will receive an email with details on how to do this once you have registered.

T-Shirts and hoodies

You can pre-order the following items when you register:

- The“limited edition” BattleUK III design. Navy blue T-shirt, Mens or Girly style. £12.
- The “classic” BattleUK design. White T-shirt, Mens or Girly style. £12.
- The “classic” BattleUK is also available on a white hoodie. Mens or Girly style. £20.

Only the “classic” BattleUK T-shirt will be available on the day, in limited quantities. The other items will not be available on the day: if you want one, it must be pre-ordered.

Send an email to nottinghamskaters [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk with the item, size, style (regular or girly cut) and quantity you would like. Note that the sizing tends to be on the small side, so if in doubt, go a size bigger.

Last edited by Acidedge on Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Acidedge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The BattleUK III FAQ will hopefully answer any questions you may have about the event.

What is BattleUK III?

BattleUK is an international freestyle skating competition. By “international” we mean it is open to, (and is attended by), skaters from around the world. The “freestyle skating” bit refers to the type of contests held. “Competition” should be obvious.

What’s freestyle skating then?

An umbrella term for a number of different inline and rolling skating disciplines, namely freestyle and speed slalom, jumps, slides and dance/jam skating. At BattleUK III, there will be a battle format freestyle slalom contest, as well as speed slalom, freejump (over a bar, no ramp), slide and dance contests.

So what’s a “battle format” slalom competition?

Instead of skaters performing individual runs, they are split into even groups, based on their current World Slalom Series Association (WSSA) ranking. Each group will then “battle it out” to progress to the next round. Each skater will have 3 runs of around 30 seconds and are then ranked by the judges against each other in terms of style and technical ability. The top ranked skaters will progress to the next round. This format is considered by many to be a more entertaining and enjoyable format for both skaters and spectators.

Why should I attend BattleUK III?

This is the UK’s only international freestyle competition and is ranked by the World Slalom Series as one of the top freestyle skating events in the western hemisphere, alongside similar events in Paris, Moscow and Hanover.

When and where is BattleUK III?

BattleUK III will take place at the Victoria Leisure Centre in Nottingham on Saturday 11th October 2008.

Can I join in? How much is it?

But of course! This is an open competition: anyone can enter. Just be aware that this is a formal competition; no concessions are made for beginner skaters.

Registration will open soon. Competitors must register and pay in advance.

- “Battle rules” freestyle slalom = £10 or 13€. There will be separate mens and womens battles, as well as a unisex UK battle for British skaters only.
- Speed slalom = £5 or 6.50€. The Fastest over two timed runs will win. No tournament format, due to time limitations.
- Freejump = £5 or 6.50€. Jump over a bar, no ramp; highest wins.
- Freestyle dance = FREE. An informal contest letting you strut your funky stuff.
- Slide contest = FREE. (Held on Sunday). Judged on style, technique and number of combinations.

Anyone can come and be a spectator at BattleUK III for free.

Will there be T-shirts?

There are always T-shirts for sale, helping fund the event. A limited edition BattleUK III T-shirt has been designed specially for the event. The following items are available for pre-order only:

- The“limited edition” BattleUK III design. Navy blue T-shirt, Mens or Girly style. £12.
- The “classic” BattleUK design. White T-shirt, Mens or Girly style. £12.
- The “classic” BattleUK is also available on a white hoodie. Mens or Girly style. £20.

The “classic” BattleUK T-shirt will also be available on the day, in limited quantities. The other items will not be available on the day: if you want one, it must be pre-ordered.

Send an email to nottinghamskaters [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk with the item, size, style (regular or girly cut) and quantity you would like. Note that the sizing tends to be on the small side, so if in doubt, go a size bigger.

Is there a schedule for the event?

Although BattleUK III takes place on the Saturday, there will be things happening all weekend:

Friday = Those who arrive early in Nottingham can meet up for sightseeing. In the evening, we’ll all meet in a local pub for food and drinks. Anyone competitor who has not yet paid his or her registration fee can do so then.

Saturday = The main event starts at 9am. As in previous years, we’ll get the opening rounds of the battle contest underway as soon as possible. There will be separate Mens, Womens and UK competitions. The finals will take place shortly after lunch, then the speed slalom, freejump and dance contests will take place in the afternoon. We’ll then all head to the pub for a well-earned drink or four. If anyone has the energy and the weather is nice, there will be a short street skate.

Sunday = Meet at the new Old Market square at 11am. From there, we’ll head to the new part of Jubilee campus for the slide contest and some chilled-out messing around. We’ll then head back into Nottingham for lunch and a relaxed post-event recovery beverage.

How do I get to Nottingham?

By car: head along the M1, exit junction 25, follow the A52 (Derby Rd) into Nottingham and following signs to the city centre. Follow your map or SatNav for the Victoria Leisure Centre, NG1 1DB. PM me for precise driving directions if you need them. Four people petrol-sharing should cost around £10-£15 each for a return journey from London.

By bus: National Express leaves daily from locations around the UK. There are several embarkation points around London. The journey from London takes a little over three hours. Tickets from around £20, but look out for special offers.

By train: East Midlands Trains from London St Pancras. The journey takes a little under two hours. Tickets from around £40.

By plane: The nearest airport is East Midlands. From the airport, take the Skylink bus to Nottingham. Return ticket is £8. If flying into London Heathrow or London Gatwick, you will need to take an underground train to St Pancras in central London.

Where should I stay in Nottingham?

We suggest you arrive sometime on Friday, and then stay Friday and Saturday nights. We recommend The Igloo hostel, which is ideally situated for the event and costs only £15 per person per night. Please book early as last year the hostel was fully booked with skaters a few weeks before the event.

Who else is going?

In previous years we have seen all the top UK freestyle skaters, as well as skaters from France, Germany, Holland, Belgium, the USA, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia attend BattleUK competitions.

Who do I contact for any more information?

Me. Send me a PM or email NottinghamSkaters [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk.
Acidedge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that registration for BattleUK III closes this Wednesday, the 8th October. Thanks!
Acidedge

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full results for BattleUK III: Battle the Beast With Inlines.

Mens Open International - Style Slalom

Name (Team, Country)

1 Igor Cheremetieff (Team Universkate, France)
2 Rudy Op't Veld (Team Seba / 4wheelfreestyle Team / Team Gyro, Germany)
3 Tiziano Ferrari (Italy)
4 JB Milleret (LSFC / Team Gyro, UK / France)
5 Adrian Almazan (Powerslide, Spain)
6 Seb Laffargue (Team Universkate, France)
7 Jon Bell (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK)
8 Tim Schraepen (Team ConeCrazy / Team SkateFreestyle, Belgium)

Quarter Final runners-up
Gregoire Pinto (Team Universkate, France)
Samer Alhabash (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Xuan Le (Team Universkate, France)
Kyan Sanchez Guerrero (France)

1st Round runners-up
Victor Bermudez (Powerslide, Spain)
CJ Lee (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Jochen Lippert (Team Jochen, Germany)
Jean-Philip Louise (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Robbie Smith (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Phil Downer (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK)
Tim Rofessart (Team ConeCrazy, Belgium)

Womens Open International - Style Slalom

1 Chloe Seyres (Team Universkate, France)
2 Naomi Grigg (Team SkateFreestyle, UK)
3 Cheryl Evans (Camberley Skaters, UK)
4 Miriam Kwasny (Skates & Cones Hamburg, Germany)
5= Mabel Ang (UK / Singapore)
5= Marianne Rio (France)
7= Vicky Denissen (Team ConeCrazy, Belgium)
7= Rosie Cohen (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
9 Ann Marie-Philip (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)

UK Nationals - Style Slalom

1 JB Milleret (LSFC / Team Gyro, UK / France)
2 Jon Bell (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK)
3 Naomi Grigg, (Team SkateFreestyle, UK)
4 CJ Lee (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
5= Cheryl Evans (Camberley Skaters, UK)
5= Robbie Smith (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
7= Phil Downer (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK)
7= Mabel Ang (UK / Singapore)

Quarter Final runners-up
Jean-Philip Louise (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Samer Alhabash (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Ann Marie-Philip (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)
Rosie Cohen (Serpentine Road Crew, UK)

Mens Open International - Speed Slalom

Place Name (Team, Country) (Scratch1) (Pen1) (Total1) (Scratch2) (Pen2) (Total2)

1 JB Milleret (Club LSFC / Team Gyro, UK/France) (4.852) (0) (4.852) (4.634) (0) (4.634)
2 Tiziano Ferrari (Italy) (5.176) (2) (5.576) (4.711) (0) (4.711)
3 Seb Laffargue (Team Universkate, France) (4.846) (0) (4.846) (4.589) (11) (6.789)
4 Igor Cheremetieff (Team Universkate, France) (4.832) (4) (5.632) (4.801) (2) (5.201)
5 Victor Bermudez (Powerslide, Spain) (5.057) (4) (5.857) (5.019) (2) (5.419)
6 Xuan Le (Team Universkate, France) (5.284) (1) (5.484) (5.073) (2) (5.473)
7 Gregoire Pinto (Team Universkate, France) (5.531) (0) (5.531) (5.49) (6) (6.69)
8 Adrian Almazan (Powerslide, Spain) (5.576) (0) (5.576) (5.455) (5) (6.455)
9 Rudy Op't Veld (Seba / 4wheelfreestyle / Gyro, Germany) (5.554) (1) (5.754) (5.393) (1) (5.593)
10 Tim Schraepen (Team ConeCrazy / Team SkateFreestyle, Belgium) (5.374) (10) (7.374) (5.012) (5) (6.012)
11 CJ Lee (Serpentine Road Crew, UK) (5.948) (3) (6.548) (5.895) (2) (6.295)
12 Jack Nichols (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (5.845) (5) (6.845) (5.823) (4) (6.623)
13 Jim Mycock (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (5.778) (7) (7.178) (6.232) (2) (6.632)
14 Jochen Lippert (Team Jochen, Germany) (6.285) (2) (6.685) (5.814) (5) (6.814)
15 Tim Rofessart (Team ConeCrazy, Belgium) (6.704) (2) (7.104) (5.9Cool (5) (6.9Cool
16 Phil Downer (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK) (6.454) (5) (7.454) (6.336) (4) (7.136)
17 Jason Garfitt (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (7.672) (4) (8.472) (7.163) (Cool (8.763)

Womens Open International - Speed Slalom

Place Name (Scratch1) (Pen1) (Total1) (Scratch2) (Pen2) (Total2)

1 Chloe Seyres (Team Universkate, France) (5.528) (0) (5.528) (5.227) (0) (5.227)
2 Miriam Kwasny (Skates & Cones Hamburg, Germany) (6.615) (1) (6.815) (6.57) (3) (7.17)
3 Cheryl Evans (Camberley Skaters, UK) (7.403) (2) (7.803) (7.233) (0) (7.233)
4 Ragnhild Cornelisse (Cone Kicking Gumbies, Holland) (8.275) (0) (8.275) (7.634) (0) (7.634)
5 Marianne Rio (Serpentine Road Crew, France) (8.900) (0) (8.900) (7) (4) (7.800)
6 Vicky Denissen (Team ConeCrazy, Belgium) (6.864) (10) (8.864) (7.717) (1) (7.917)
7 Mabel Ang (UK / Singapore) (8.352) (1) (8.552) (7.717) (4) (8.517)

UK Nationals - Style Slalom

1 CJ Lee (Serpentine Road Crew, UK) (5.948) (3) (6.548) (5.895) (2) (6.295)
2 Jack Nichols (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (5.845) (5) (6.845) (5.823) (4) (6.623)
3 Jim Mycock (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (5.778) (7) (7.178) (6.232) (2) (6.632)
4 Phil Downer (LFSC / Team Seba UK, UK) (6.454) (5) (7.454) (6.336) (4) (7.136)
5 Cheryl Evans (Camberley Skaters, UK) (7.403) (2) (7.803) (7.233) (0) (7.233)
6 Jason Garfitt (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (7.672) (4) (8.472) (7.163) (Cool (8.763)
7 Mabel Ang (UK/Singapore) (8.352) (1) (8.552) (7.717) (4) (8.517)

Freejump Competition

Name (Team, Country) (Height achieved)

1 Seb Laffargue (Team Universkate, France) (1.20m)
2 JB Milleret (Club LSFC / Team Gyro, UK/France) (1.15m)
3 Igor Cheremetieff (Team Universkate, France) (1.10m)
4 CJ Lee (Serpentine Road Crew, UK) (1.05m)
5= Gregoire Pinto (Team Universkate, France) (1.05m)
5= Xuan Le (Team Universkate, France) (1.05m)
7 Jack Nichols (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (1.05m)
8= Rudy Op't Veld (Team Seba / 4wheelfreestyle Team / Team Gyro, Germany) (1.00m)
8= Tiziano Ferrari (Italy) (1.00m)
10 Chloe Seyres (Team Universkate, France) (0.95m)
11 Jochen Lippert (Team Jochen, Germany) (0.90m)
12 Jason Garfitt (NottinghamSkaters, UK) (0.90m)
13 Mabel Ang (UK / Singapore) (0.70m)

Slide Competition

Name (Team, Country)

1 Tiziano Ferrari (Italy)
2 Seb Laffargue (Team Universkate, France)
3 Igor Cheremetieff (Team Universkate, France)
4 Gregoire Pinto (Team Universkate, France)
5 JB Milleret (Club LSFC / Team Gyro, UK/France)
6 Jason Garfitt (NottinghamSkaters, UK)

A huge thank you to the sponsors of the event: J&R Sports, Seba & Team Universkate and Rollersnakes. Thanks to Seba, Naomi, Steev, Cheryl and Xuan for judging and to everyone who helped run things on the day. Thanks to everyone who attended, competed and supported the event! See you next time...
ikky13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serai t il possible d'avoir la video de la finale Very Happy Very Happy ?

merci d'avance Smile
Jochen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oui, voilà:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=skatesandcones

Jochen
ikky13

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merci Jochen Smile
clo
ELV!S.fan.R!D2Z

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Report de Battle UK III est sur rollerenligne.com Wink
http://www.rollerenligne.com//fr/articles.php?id=1695

Rock -- www.myspace.com/closeyresmusic
nRoll -- www.closeyres.jimdo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyb-Ride international Forum Index -> Compétitions et Evènements All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: