FAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in

[MATOS] Twister short frames comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyb-Ride international Forum Index -> Slalom and Jumps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThiasDude
L'auberge Espagnole

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: [MATOS] Twister short frames comparison Reply with quote

Hi,

I've written an article, well almost a test, about various short frames for slalom on Twisters :
- K2 Mod8 246mm
- Rossignol Freeroad 245mm
- Viper Sidewinder TP 248mm

http://sat.org.es/TwisterShortFrames

Please let me know if you find any mistakes or things that could be improved.

Matthias
gramster

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: viper frame Reply with quote

hi there,
Viper have a new edition which is only 242mm. I am using it. For your information.

I found your comparision very interesting and helpful. Thanks!

Cheers,
ham
Jipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you consider the 255mm K2 Mod frame ?

Its a little bit longer but it accepts wheels up to 4x84mm.

Another remarks about your decription of the mounting of these frames on the Twister+ boot: its is only valid for boot size <45. Boot size 45 and above have a much bigger spacing (about 195mm).

Finally with the K2 Mod frame, if you do not want to make your skate higher, instead of using aluminium plates, you can use 0.5mm inox steel plate.
ThiasDude
L'auberge Espagnole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't consider the 255mm K2 Mod because 1) I don't have any, and 2) This article is more focused on slalom setups, because that's my primary use.
About the size difference, it actually starts at 44 (i.e. 29cm), and yes, it's something I forgot to mention, as the Viper frame then becomes as tricky to mount as all the others!

Thanks for your comments, I'll update the article ASAP.

Matthias
Jipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThiasDude wrote:
I didn't consider the 255mm K2 Mod because 1) I don't have any, and 2) This article is more focused on slalom setups, because that's my primary use.
About the size difference, it actually starts at 44 (i.e. 29cm), and yes, it's something I forgot to mention, as the Viper frame then becomes as tricky to mount as all the others!

Thanks for your comments, I'll update the article ASAP.

Matthias

I have a size 44 RB Twister+ and the spacing is still about 165mm.

For the 255, the mounting is identical as the mounting of the 246mm, only difference: 9mm longer => accepts 84mm wheels. This is also the reason why the frame is higher: the clearance above the second wheel is bigger than on other frames, this clearance allows wheels up to 84mm but it makes the frame a couple of mm higher.
ThiasDude
L'auberge Espagnole

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I could have sworn it was on size 44! I changed a friend's frame yesterday, and his Twisters are the shortest I've seen with the larger spacing, so I'll recheck as soon as I can. Maybe they're 44.5...

Matthias
plasson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hola mathias, thanks for the nice article.

Have u tested the 3 customs for some time? I my self have used the twister+viper (and i liked it very much) but i have never tried K2 or rossignol frames. The ones who did (top freestylers) have told me that the difference between freeroad and viper is sensible, viper is more rigid and gives better control. Have you noticed anything like that?

At the moment im skating on twister+ 2004 boot and xtreme roxa frame. xtreme is the new skate for slalom by roxa. The frame is 243mm, very rigid and as easy as viper to mount on a twister boot. It will be in the spanish market in october. I suggest u try it if u have the possibility... or i can make u try it, ill be in bcn for a w/e in october and we have the same foot size.

ThiasDude
L'auberge Espagnole

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've skated nearly a year with the Freeroad, then about one month with the K2 and another month now with the Viper (which I currently still use) : All three are perfectly rigid, as long as you put metal plates for the Freeroad and Mod (which I did).

For me the two main "feeling" differences come from :
1) The height, as I prefer to have the boot as low as possible for slalom, but really enjoy a higher boot for regular skating (I love the sensation you get with the short Mod when skating real fast!).
2) The front to rear positionning, as that affects hugely the way you skate, as I wrote on that page.

I'd definitely be interested in trying more frames. I still have in mind also borrowing the FSK 237 frames my girlfriend has on her Twisters to add those to the test Wink

Matthias

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi matthias

Ask Carles if he remember where is the FSK237 that I sold him 2 years ago Very Happy maybe under that mega-big mountain of skates that we saw last saturday.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hyb-Ride international Forum Index -> Slalom and Jumps All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: